World Builder/Level Designer
Posted on / 03.20.18
Visionary Realms is seeking an experienced World Builder to join the team for the upcoming MMORPG, Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen. The ideal candidate is full of passion and energy; a self-motivated person who enjoys exceeding expectations and pushing their personal limits. The candidate loves MMOs and has played a wide variety of them.
- Build and dress full zones or portions of zones using defined concepts and direction
- Participation in creative meetings and offer appropriate, original ideas
- Regular communication with design and art teams to create compelling, thematic environments while maintaining the artistic integrity as defined by the creative team
- Work with creative team to map & block out areas of play
- Work with designers and artists to determine asset requirements
- Minimum 2 years experience in Level Design and Prop Placement in Unity, or 3+ years in engines other than Unity
- Ability to bring concept to reality
- Ability to build a level from start to finish
- Familiarity with virtual repository-based workflows is a plus
- An understanding the following concepts/practices: level of detail (LODs), detail density, scene lighting, terrain/object collision, NPC navigation, creating compelling playable spaces that make sense in an open world environment.
- Ability to take direction well
- An understanding and respect for the additional roles involved in the process–a team player who is familiar with the team’s players
Remote work will be considered, but a strong preference for applicants in the San Diego region.
This is a full-time contract position.
Please send your resumé and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: World Builder Application. Applications without an included portfolio will not be considered.