Visual Effects Artist
Posted on / 01.16.19
Visionary Realms is looking for a Visual Effects Artist for our upcoming fantasy MMORPG Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen. The ideal candidate will be well versed in creating visual effects at a commercial level, utilizing 3D packages such as Maya and Houdini, and be proficient with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe After Effects. They will be highly versatile and imaginative, and bring a broad range of high impact visuals to Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen, from spell casting and melee effects, through to atmospheres, weather, waterfalls, and other natural elements. This position is located at Visionary Realms HQ in Encinitas, California, however we will consider non-local applicants as well. This is a full-time contracted position.
- Design grey-box / mock versions of visual effects for accelerated approval
- Create unique particle textures, texture sheets and materials
- Collaborate with programmers and designers to scope out and prototype new visual effects
- Collaborate with audio engineer to create suitable audio clips for visual effects
- Collaborate with artists and animators to integrate animated visuals
- Collaborate with technical artist to create unique shaders where applicable
- Ensure particle systems and other visual effects elements remain within budget
- Versatile, imaginative, and highly creative
- Commercial experience creating visual effects / particle systems in Unity3D, with at least one shipped title
- Ability to create high performance, optimal particle systems and visuals
- Organized and tidy, with consistent attention to detail
- Able to animate in Maya and Unity3D’s animation graph
- Proficiency with with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Houdini, and/or related packages
- C# scripting experience and understanding of MonoBehaviours
- Working knowledge of shader model 5+ and compute shaders strongly preferred
- Understanding of Unity3D’s new visual effect graph strongly preferred
- Self-motivated towards solving creative problems and a strong work ethic
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Organization skills and an attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills to manage multiple deliverables at a time.
- Ability to work independently
- Works well in a collaborative environment
- Able to work remotely
- High-energy and positive approach
- Dedicated to to the role – highly determined and driven mindset to achieve
- Possess a “duty of care ethic” to ensure effects created fulfill the description provided by the creative team.
- A willingness to know the game intimately by actively play-testing and viewing how the visual effects relate within the context of the game world
Please send your resumé and portfolio to email@example.com with the subject line: Visual Effects Artist Application. Applications without an included portfolio will not be considered.