Lead Character Animator
Posted on / 10.03.18
Visionary Realms is looking for an experienced Lead Character Animator with a passion for building worlds for our upcoming fantasy MMORPG Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen. The ideal candidate will understand and be able to lead the character animation process, will have experience managing other animators, and should be able to personally design and create high quality character animations from basic emotes to locomotion, to exciting combat while meeting modern standards using the Unity engine. The lead character animator reports to the Creative Director. There is a strong preference for candidates located in the San Diego, California region, however we will consider exceptional non-local applications as well. This is a full-time contracted position. Priority consideration is given to those with 2+ years of experience, having shipped at least one title.
- Deliver content on schedule that meets technical and Unity specific requirements.
- Perform as a key contributor of the animation production process.
- Manage a team of Animators.
- Use Maya and proprietary art tools to implement animated characters and objects in the game world.
- Work with Programming, Audio and Design departments to ensure animation meets technical and game play requirements.
- Understand the technical requirements of our efficient art pipeline, including intimate knowledge of tools used.
- Ensure all work asset output is clean and organized within each file as well as file structure and storage hierarchy.
- Document process as necessary.
- Professional character animation experience using Maya, Max, or equivalent experience.
- Professional experience managing an animation pipeline and leading a team of animators.
- Must exhibit strong traditional animation principles (timing, spacing, squash and stretch, etc.) and be able to demonstrate that knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of Unity3D animation pipeline, including mecanim and humanoid rigs, retargeting, and animation state machines.
- Understanding of creative and technical challenges particular to video game animation.
- Animation experience with FK and IK skeletal systems.
- Must be able to provide a demo reel or examples of professional work with a breakdown of your contributions to projects/shots and an accompanying resume.
- Self-motivated towards solving creative problems and a strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take direction well.
- High-energy and positive approach.
- Dedicated to to the role. Highly determined and driven mindset to achieve.
- Possess a “duty of care ethic” to ensure animation delivered to the departments meets the requirements.
- A willingness to know the game intimately by actively play-testing and viewing how the animation relates within the context of the game world.
Please send your resumé and portfolio to email@example.com with the subject line: Lead Character Animator Application. Applications without an included portfolio will not be considered.