Development Operations Engineer
Posted on / 01.17.19
Visionary Realms is looking for a DevOps Engineer supporting our infrastructure which our upcoming fantasy title MMORPG Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen rely on. The ideal candidate will understand the concepts of DevOps in a cloud infrastructure environment and be able to collaborate with other system engineers and game developers. The candidate will need to take complex requirements from stakeholders, document the needs for technical and non-technical audiences and drive them to completion. This position is primarily a remote position but a strong preference for candidates located in the San Diego area. This is a part-time contracted position.
- Creating and collaborating on the implementation of DevOps processes, technologies and procedures.
- Operating and Automating Cloud computing functions and the platforms running therein
- Evaluating, installing and maintaining applications on the Windows and Linux platforms
- Programming, and integration of disparate custom, and off the shelf technology stacks
- Building and maintaining web based tools and database schemas for custom applications
- Keeping a secure computing environment
- Full project lifecycle development and maintenance
- Strong Linux and Windows Server system administration skills with experience in analysing performance metrics, tuning systems and working with developers on tuning their application
- Extensive engineering abilities in ascertaining needed technologies, installing and configuring highly available, mission critical and cross platform computing environments.
- Linux and Windows Shell Scripting skills such as BASH, python, and powershell
- Cloud computing experience in an AWS environment
- Automation and container experience with services such as chef, puppet, and docker
- Monitoring, Alerting, Dashboarding experience with system such as Grafana, InfluxDB, Graphite, and Elasticsearch
- Knowledgeable in IT Security best practices and procedures
- LAMP stack design, operation and maintenance experience
- Web programming in languages such as PHP, HTML, CSS
- Web API Development experience
- SQL knowledge for MySQL and MSSQL
- Message Bus Experience, Kafka preferred
- Payment center API integration experience with PayPal and 2checkout to e-commerce solutions such as WooCommerce
- Familiarity with frontend web design work
- Excellent collaborator and communicator to technical and non-technical audiences
- Project requirements gathering and implementation abilities
- Dedicated to to the role – highly determined and driven mindset to achieve
- High-energy and positive approach
- Ability to follow high level direction
- Ability to self start and work independently
Please send your resumé to email@example.com with the subject line: Development Operations Engineer Application. Applications without an included portfolio will not be considered.